[Home ] [Archive]    
:: Volume 17, Issue 1 (4-2014) ::
Hakim Health Sys Res 2014, 17(1): 29-33 Back to browse issues page
Rapid Assessment of National Civil Registration and Vital Statistics System (Death and Birth) in Iran based on WHO Framework
Aghamohammadi S, Kazemi E, Khosravi A
, Khosravi-a@health.gov.ir
Abstract:   (6357 Views)

  

  Aghamohammadi S (PhD Student), Kazemi E (PhD Student), Khosravi A * (PhD)

 

  Centre for Health Network Management, Deputy of Health, Ministry of Health and Medical Education, Tehran, Iran

 

  Received: 16 Jun 2013, Accepted: 23 Jan 2014

 

 

  Abstract

 

  Introduction: Civil registration records are the best sources of vital statistics however, such systems are often weak or incomplete in developing countries. The aim of this study was to assess the registration situation using rapid assessment of national civil registration and vital statistics systems (death and birth) in Iran based on the WHO Framework.

  Methods: The rapid assessment tool consists of 25 questions about function of the civil registration and vital statistics systems. The questions are grouped into 11 areas. Each question allows countries to select one of four scenarios describing a typical range of hypothetical situations.

  Results: Registration infrastructure and resources, organization and functioning of the vital statistics system, storage and transmission had the highest score (100%). The score of the ICD coding practices was 33%. The coder qualification and training, quality of coding and practices affecting the quality of cause-of-death data had the lowest score (50%). The total score was 61 equivalent to 83% of scores. This meant that, although registration and vital statistics systems in Iran are functional, it seems to be inadequate.

  Conclusion: According to the assessment results, most weaknesses were attributed to the quality of death and cause of death coding. It is necessary to design appropriate policies and planning to resolve the weaknesses.

 

  Key words: Vvtal statistics, Rapid Assessment, National Civil Registration

  

 

 


  Please cite this article as follows:

  Aghamohammadi S, Kazemi E, Khosravi A. Rapid Assessment of National Civil Registration and Vital Statistics System (Death and Birth) in Iran based on WHO Framework. Hakim Health Sys Res 2014 17(1): 29- 33.

 

 

 



  * Corresponding Author: Ministry of Health and Medical Education , Center For Health Network Management. Tel: +98- 21- 81454211. E-mail: Khosravi-a@health.gov.ir

Full-Text [PDF 204 kb]   (868 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Original |
Received: 2014/03/12 | Accepted: 2014/03/12 | Published: 2014/03/12
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or Email:

CAPTCHA


XML   Persian Abstract   Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Aghamohammadi S, Kazemi E, Khosravi A. Rapid Assessment of National Civil Registration and Vital Statistics System (Death and Birth) in Iran based on WHO Framework . Hakim Health Sys Res . 2014; 17 (1) :29-33
URL: http://hakim.hbi.ir/article-1-1243-en.html


Volume 17, Issue 1 (4-2014) Back to browse issues page
فصلنامه پژوهش حکیم Hakim Research Journal
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.1 seconds with 30 queries by YEKTAWEB 3933